Monday, July 26, 2010

Having Fun with Lip Colors!

Hey everyone!

Soo, here's the lip stuff that I was doing yesterday! I kind of discovered a new love for lip design and color, I think it makes a nice, bold statement and photographs really well. Also, I think a lot of people regard black lipstick as gothic or depressing, but I definitely disagree. Of course it's a statement making color, but I wish that statement wasn't seen as a negative or rebellious one because black lipstick looks so cool! I'm not saying in any way that everyone sees it that way, but I know that some people do.
Anyway, enough with my rant about black lipstick and onto the pictures! ok for the first few, I had on black over metallic blue, which made a really cool shade that wasn't quite black or matte and had some blue undertones in it. The first c
ouple of pictures I thought looked most editorial.
Here's one with the rainbow wing makeup I had on (obviously that got smudged a bit)


Blue!
Blue heart
silver!

MAC funtabulous dazzleglass over matte black lipstick (sorry about the feathering on this one, eek!)

Hope you like them!


9 comments:

  1. Whoaaah the silver lipstick looks really cool! Now THAT is a statement colour! =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! the silver is actually just silver eyeshadow over black lipstick! since I was going to take it off soon after putting it on I didnt do this, but you can put a coat of clear gloss over that and then it will stay longer =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Though I would never wear that colour on my lips

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I would ever wear any of these everyday either, but it's fun to play with dramatic colors at home, I think =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fun lipcolors, I actually think the feathering on that dazzleglass+black lippie combo looks really cool because of the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these dramatic lip colours. I very rarely have the courage to wear any myself but I always like seeing them on other people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAGHHH. THE HEART!!!!!! :D The heart!!! I kept staring at that one for MINUTES.

    AND, you are the ONLY ONE I know who can rock the black lip!!! :D

    ReplyDelete