Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Update and Two New Art Pieces I Thought You Guys Would Enjoy

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry that I never post on here anymore, but for the most part, makeup has taken a backseat in my life and I don't know if it will become prevalent again. This is just an update on me and two new art pieces that I recently completed.

I'm a senior in high school right now and I am going to Skidmore College next year. Skidmore was the first school that I visited and from the first visit I knew that I wanted to go there. Of course I applied Early decision, and luckily I got in!

At the moment I'd definitely say that art is the most prevalent thing that I'm focusing on, as I have my senior IB Art show coming up in a few months. I recently finished two pieces that I had been working on for months and I'm very happy with the results. I know that this is supposed to be a makeup blog, but some of you in the comments said that you would like to see more of my art, so since that's the only thing I've really been producing, Here it is:

The first piece I think you guys will really like because it sort of pertains to makeup. This is a spiral of mancala marbles with nail polish painted on the back of each one, on a 48" x 48" circular wooden board.

This is what the spiral looks like from head on.
Here's how it looks on an angle.
This is a closeup of the center.
This is a closeup of some marbles on the spiral. I love how the marbles really magnify the textures of the nail polish!

This next piece is a collage/ painting using acrylic paint. It has a bunch of blobs within blobs and bright colors!







1 comment:

  1. The first is AMAZING. I can only imagine how heavy it must be. The uniformity of the marbles is crazy... it's so exact! If you were to do more like that one it be cool to see patterns in it.

    ReplyDelete